New Formats for Creatives
The ABT Incubator exercises artists and creatives as initiators of projects that actualise research-led visions for the contemporary time. Our mission is to find new formats for artists and creatives to develop their practice beyond the art sector, that manifest their research and ideas in accessible and systematic forms.
We believe the next wave of cutting-edge innovation and purpose-driven investment lies in artistic ideas given the resources and context to materialise as a piece of the future.
What we do
Being a multi-disciplinary team, our approach is highly curatorial, and we tend to form close-knit relationships with the creatives we incubate. As an incubator, the role we play varies with each project and founder, depending on the project’s nature, stage of development and technical needs. Our scope generally includes the following:
- Facilitate development of a prototype that effectively communicates the product and vision.
- Introduce startup mechanisms, funding options and processes, as well as industry knowledge such as AI, Web3 and consumer apps. We regularly bring in friends and investors from our network to drop in and share sector-specific insight with our founders.
- Help founders navigate design challenges and monetisation strategies.
- Create custom workflows for creatives to build, develop, and where necessary, transition.
- Lead or co-lead a fundraising round to kickstart the project. Usually, this is the project’s very first fundraising round.
What we look for
- Artist projects backed by a substantial body of research, and that have been created and realised in tangible forms which serve as first prototypes of something larger to come.
- Artists with a passion for their ideas to be established in the world beyond the art sector.
- A “doer” spirit and a history of making things happen.
Watch this space or sign up for our newsletter for announcements and updates in the near future.
Let’s talk possibilities
Whether you are a research-based artist, an investor or a fellow incubator, speak to us about what you care about.